This is what the mainstream press hasn’t told you about what we’ve accomplished in Iraq since the end of major combat operations was declared.
* The first battalion of the new Iraqi Army has graduated and is on active duty (~60,000 Iraqis providing security to citizens).
* Nearly all of Iraq’s 400 courts are functioning.
* The Iraqi judiciary is fully independent.
* Power generation hit 4,518 megawatts (Oct), exceeding prewar output.
* All 22 Universities &43 technical institutes/colleges are open
* Nearly all primary and secondary schools are open.
* Coalition has “rehabbed” 1,500+ schools (500 ahead of schedule).
* Teachers earn from 12-25 times their former salaries.
* All 240 hospitals and more than 1200 clinics are open.
* Doctors salaries are at least 8 times what they were under Saddam.
And this list goes on. But you’d never know any of this if you just read the [[New York Times]] or the [[Boston Globe]].